Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the facets of online brand promotion. It is important to understand that why SEO is important for business progression. Millions of internet users find information by searching online on search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo and to name but a few. Google by far is the leading search engine on the planet as we speak, thus it virtually is the standard for SEO.
People search for the information that they think is important for them. When they find desired information, they value it and try to grasp entire message. Marketers crave for such behavior of potential consumers. Hence, ensuring top spot on search engine results is ideal for promotion of brand.
Most importantly, SEO is transparent and very easy activity to do. However, logical approach is required to get desired results in short space of time. Let us examine what are the things, which boost your search engine ranking in search results:
- Keyword: initiative starts with the selection of list of related keywords to your brand. The tool worth mentioning here is “Google Keyword Tool” and this is free. Try to search for the keywords having low competition and reasonable amount of monthly queries.
- Content Creation: Creating content is the next goal, but for this understanding of audience is the key in-order to attract audience. It is vital to know the desired demographics of the customers. For instance, to attract male audience content should have element of humor whereas, in order to attract female audience it should have emotional message.
- Article Directories: Back-links are the most important aspect of SEO and for this reason; you submit your articles to article directories having higher page rank and traffic such as Ezine Article, Go Articles etc. It depends on the competition of keyword that how many articles are to be submitted.
- Social Bookmarking: Social bookmarking is another dimension to SEO where you submit stories deduced from your brands to websites like Delicious.
- Social News and Press Releases: Another way to gain backlinks is to make some press releases and post them on high traffic websites such as Digg.
- Commenting: Probably the easiest way to get traffic is to comment on related blogs having high turnout of viewers.
- Squidoo: Very high traffic website where you create lenses on your desired subject. Creating lens is free and if luck supports then you can earn good amount from them but your aim is to get the valuable back-link to your website or blog.
- Social Networking Sites: Pages on social networking sites are essential of for all brands who are considering online presence as a source of business. In social networking, Facebook is the undoubted leader with twitter on its back. However, we cannot ignore rapid popularity of Google+.
- Video Logs: Creating and submitting video logs to video hosting websites like YouTube, Vimeo is another way of catching traffic.
- Media Sharing: Presentations and photos of your brand should be shared on websites like Instagram, Flicker or Slideshare.